Thursday, January 05, 2017

a better world through French onion dip...

Today I allowing for a little randomness in selecting the topic for today as I am a little spent to be honest.  So, after searching for a list and prodding my lovely wife to provide a number I have been tasked with writing about how I would make the world a better place.  Nothing like a light topic to wrap up my day…ugh.

In some ways, this should be easy, right.  Just simply choose some great world ill and give a few lines on how I would magically make it go away.  That would neither be interesting or likely fulfill my 500 word goal.  I also thought I could go the route of… going back in time to tell the Clinton camp that rather than chasing Arizona maybe they should actually try to win something, anything in the Midwest.  That however would brand me as a political rabble rouser and there is plenty of time for that later. Although they really should have.

No, rather I am going to dance around the topic for several hundred words without ever really settling on a topic because, frankly, I am just having that sort of day.  I suppose I should have expected it after getting so little sleep last night for whatever reason.  I still think I am trying to get back on normal time after the two week break from reality of the holidays where staying up until 3 am watching Game of Thrones was considered perfectly reasonable especially when combined with the entire household sleeping until at least noon.  It was great and felt like college again without the regret of blowing of my 8:00 “Music Appreciation” class in the process.  What could be better.  None of which has any effect on the state of the world and is most surely not going to make it better unless we could all collectively adopt that as the preferred and accepted lifestyle which would eliminate any possibility for feeling even the slightest bit guilty and would also eliminate the hang-over recovery period when you need to go back to a reality that involves getting out of bed in the morning and actually going places (many of which you would rather not go to.)  Which is the state that I am in now as I can’t seem to quite get my internal clock to get back with the program.

Of course, the other great advantage to adopting that calendar as the national norm would be that we could considerably simplify the food manufacturing industry because all you tend to want to eat while maintaining a schedule as that is basically crap.  And if we are being more specific, crap that involves chips and French onion dip with perhaps a side of popcorn.  All other food grouping are relegated to complete irrelevance and would no longer be needed.  Just think of the productivity gains that are to be had there because of all the things that could be eliminated from production.  You likely would not need to farm anything other than popcorn because I am pretty sure there is little if any actual potato in cheap wavy full salt and fat potato chips and I can guarantee that there is no real onion, French or otherwise, in French onion dip.  It would be good that we could eliminate the work involved in producing all that other stuff because after staying up until 3 am watching GOTs (for those of us in the know) and then sleeping until afternoon’ish, there is little chance that you are going to get any meaningful work out of any of us.  I mean isn’t preparing the popcorn and then trying to scrounge up a moderately clean bowl to put it in from the pile of unwashed stuff in the kitchen work enough.  I mean really those plates in the sink almost fell everywhere…


Ah well, we can dream can’t we.

No comments: